STEM Tinker Lab have been made to develop modern skill sets amongst underprivileged youngsters by providing them with access to multiple technologies and enabling them to build/make new solutions to solve the challenges present in the society.
The objective is to build curiosity, creativity, imagination in young minds and to develop skills like Design Mind Set, Computational Thinking, Adaptive Learning, Physical Computing etc. This helps immensely because the global scenario of Future Work Skills is increasingly being considered as an important skill set for creating new avenues, providing solutions to global problems, and leading the global economy towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
STEM Tinker Lab contains educational “do it yourself” kits and equipment on – Science, Electronics, Robotics, Open source microcontroller boards, Sensors and 3D printers etc.
School teachers will be motivated to use these resources and conduct tinker session for students.
Once set up, the Tinker Labs are kept in the schools only.
STEM Tinker Labs Presence & Impact:
Presently, STEM Tinker Program is implemented in Government Schools
Benefitting 300+ Students of two Government Schools of Bengaluru.
Running three Pilot Projects in Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation Schools.
Let’s Partner for a change with STEM CSR Solution in Digital Intervention.
Attributes of the Offering
– Five Software Package for all the modules.
– Arduino Kit – (Arduino board, Jumper cables, LEDs, Breadboard, Buzzer, Button, USB cable).
– Android Phone.
– Robotic Kit – (Robot Chassis, Sensors, Cables, USB Cable, Motors).
– A lesson plan for all the modules.
– Video tutorials for all the tinkering session.
– Teachers to be trained continuously for four months.
– Tinkering Event at the end of the year to showcase projects made by students.