STEM Tinker Lab have been made to develop sustainable modern skill sets amongst underprivileged children by providing them with access to multiple technologies and enabling them to build/make new solutions to solve the challenges present in the society.
The objective of this CSR initiative in education is to build curiosity, creativity, and imagination in young minds and to develop skills like Design Mind Set, Computational Thinking, Adaptive Learning, Physical Computing etc. This helps immensely because the global scenario of future work skills is increasingly being considered as an important skill set for creating new avenues, providing solutions to global problems, and leading the global economy towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Aim of Tinker Lab
- By establishing Tinker lab in Schools, corporates can help in increasing scientific temperament, innovation and creativity amongst Indian students.
- Students even from government schools and underserved schools can avail of such advanced labs.
- To stimulate curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds
- To inculcate skills such as capacity building, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing, etc.
- To empower existing teachers by providing continuous handholding and support to use tinker lab
- To develop combination of “hands on” and “mind on” approach
- STEM Learning has already established Tinker labs in various govt schools in India
STEM Tinker Lab Applications
- Scratch Programming
- Robot Structure Building Kits
- Basic of Electronics
- App Development
- Raspberry Pi
- 3D Printing & Modelling
- Advance Robotics
- Robotic Arm